|Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen|
|Locations|| Pre-set chalice dungeons:|
Yharnam was the Queen of the ancient Pthumerian civilization and mother to the child Mergo. She wears a white, bloodstained dress with a veil to conceal her face, although she removes it when the player finds her in the Nightmare of Mensis. Like other Pthumerians, she has black eyes with no pupils and skin resembling a shriveled corpse.
When confronted in the Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Dungeon, her dress is completely white but becomes bloodier and bloodier as the fight progresses. Her hands are initially chained but she breaks free and wields a dagger in combat. When low on health, she will use her blood to empower her dagger, making it resemble a sword.
Perhaps her most disturbing feature is her pregnancy, the child in her womb (Mergo) constantly cries throughout the battle and is even capable of paralyzing the player with its cries. The pregnancy also helps the player. After taking enough damage, Yharnam will make two clones of herself. The true one is the one that is pregnant. However, it is important to kill the clones, as they will be a major nuisance.
- Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Layer 3
- Her main source of attacks deal extremely high amounts of Blood damage and Rapid Poison. Because of this, it is recommended to use either the Knight Set, Cainhurst Set, or Maria Hunter Set.
- She has three phases, which are triggered by intervals of losing 33% health: first she is bound and attacks only with her blood; then she breaks her bindings and reaches for a dagger; finally, she buffs the dagger with her own blood, which increases damage and range.
- Slaying Yharnam will allow the purchase of Ritual Blood (4) and Tomb Mould (4).
- The city of Yharnam was named after her.
- Queen Yharnam is seen throughout the game:
- Firstly, after defeating Rom, the Vacuous Spider, gazing up at the red moon.
- Secondly, in the Nightmare of Mensis, standing outside the building where Mergo's Wet Nurse is fought.
- Thirdly, only if the player returns to her after killing the boss. She will bow to The Hunter, before disappearing, as a sign of gratitude for freeing or perhaps avenging her baby.
- The red stains on her dress suggests Mergo, her baby, was taken from her before being born. This, along with the fact that she's handcuffed indicates all of this happened against her will. The purpose of this atrocity seems to be making Mergo cry and drawing the Moon close to the world (as seen in the cutscene after defeating Rom) in order to attract and make contact with the Old Ones.
- The Bound Widows are similar to Yharnam: they are bound, wield a dagger, and they're capable of paralyzing the player.