Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|GIven by Saint Adeline|
"Milkweed" rune. Become a lumenwood to host phantasms.
- +10 Increase in Item Discovery.
- Players receive reduced fall damage while this rune is equipped.
- Unlocks the true form of Kos Parasite, and gives the player a bizarre movement animation, as if the body has no life and is being animated by the lumenwood like a mindless puppet.
- Equipped Hand and Head pieces of Attire will not be shown in the player model.
- The Hunter’s forearms and hands become a bluish white with slime-like tendrils, while the head becomes a spot for the lumenwood that resembles a tree or flower of the same color that glows slightly in the dark.
- Milkweed is one of the only two Oath Memory Runes that serve for players to transform their bodies, and change the moveset of a weapon. The only other existing one is Beast's Embrace.
- This is one of two Runes that have been said to be discovered by someone other than Caryll. The other is Guidance.
- The inscription of the rune appear to resemble the letters "H.P.", which could possibly be a reference to H.P. Lovecraft.
- The rune is received in the Astral Clocktower, just before fighting Maria and opening the path to the Fishing Hamlet. The Fishing Hamlet is one of the most blatant H.P. Lovecraft inspirations in the game, being a reference to his short story The Shadow over Innsmouth.
- With this rune the head and skin color resembles the Celestial Minions, implying a connection between their methods of transformation.
- Milkweeds are a larval food source for monarch butterflies and their relatives. The "relatives" can also be called "kin". Coincidentally, Ebrietas has the name of a butterfly.
- The Japanese name for this rune is '苗床', which means 'seedbeed'.
- With this in mind, using this rune with the Kos Parasite means, in essence, you become a seedbed for parasites.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.