|Locations|| Pre-set chalice dungeons:|
Central Pthumerian Labyrinth
Cursed Pthumerian Defilement
Root chalice dungeons:
- Hunched - These are the smaller versions, yet, not at all harmless. They are capable of casting giant, homing fireballs that are absolutely devastating. Making matters worse they usually cast them sequentially one after the other. Having more than one of this Ritekeeper in the same room, as well as any other enemy is a common and quite dangerous occurrence.
- Standing - This Variant will sometimes appear in rotted Chalice Dungeons. Players will be surprised at the comical yet true size of this Ritekeeper. They're always found surround by Labyrinth Watchers and will buff any nearby enemies. They can run faster and are also capable of an Arcane blast and powerful kicks.
- Central Pthumerian Labyrinth
- Pthumerian Defilement (Defiled Chalice):
- Layer 1 - Just outside the lamp, on the right side.
- Pthumeru Ihyll
The Hunched variant is usually regarded as the most dangerous due to massive damage output and tendencies to be found in small areas with little room to maneuver. Try to dodge at all times as often as possible in order to close the distance, and kill them as quickly as possible
The Standing variant is much easier depending on the right circumstances. It will mostly depend on what enemies they're surrounded by, It becomes just a matter of dealing with the large numbers of weaker enemies and the Standing Ritekeeper in the back.
- The Ritekeeper holds a human skull with what appears to be purple incense on its left hand, and a severed human hand with a candle on its palm and a golden decoration on the stump.
- The severed hand looks remarkably like the Sage's Wrist.
- Judging by its small jaw, the human skull appears to be a child's skull.
- Their design, when standing, is reminiscent of the Mimics in the Dark Souls games.
- Ritekeepers in Depth 5 Isz Chalice Dungeons can sometimes cast arcane projectiles instead of their normal fireballs.
- In the first version of Bloodborne, The hunched variant of Ritekeepers in the Chalice Dungeons could use the same buffing move that is normally only used by the standing variants. The buff aura can damage the player, if the hitbox is low enough to connect.