| Starting Weapon.|
Sold by the Bath Messengers for 1,600 Blood Echoes after obtaining the Saw Hunter Badge.
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
- Given to players by the Messengers in the Hunter's Dream as a starting firearm.
- It can be bought from the Bath Messengers for 1,600 Blood Echoes after obtaining the Saw Hunter Badge in Central Yharnam Sewers.
This weapon fires Quicksilver Bullets and is used as tool for parrying and finishing off enemies with low health. Its rapid fire makes it more suitable for intercepting fast enemies than shotguns.
The Hunter Pistol is a versatile firearm commonly used by hunters. Although the Hunter Pistol doesn't quite have the firepower or stagger potential of the Hunter Blunderbuss (depends on range), it compensates for this problem by having a higher fire rate and longer range.
When compared with other pistol-sized firearms, it has the following characteristics:
- Consumes only one bullet, like the Evelyn, yet unlike the Repeating Pistol (keep in mind that the Repeating Pistol also fires off two shots at once, whereas the Hunter Pistol only fires one.)
- Same range, firing speed, and Quicksilver bullet consumption as the Evelyn.
- Better than the Evelyn at lower levels of Bloodtinge. After level 21 in that stat, the Evelyn becomes a straight upgrade in terms of damage.
- The Hunter Pistol is the firearm of choice of most hunter NPCs. This most famously includes Eileen the Crow, Father Gascoigne, Old Hunter Henryk, and various others.
- Father Gascoigne's pistol fires like a blunderbuss and has a reload animation, where it opens in half to allow the loading of bullets.
- In early footage, courtesy of IGN, ranged weapons (left hand) are shown as doing blood damage instead of physical damage like melee weapons. Like their melee counterparts they also have durability. In the IGN footage, the Hunter Pistol showed a blood damage of 75 and a durability of 180.