One of the "Lake" runes. Increases all defense types.
- Great Lake (1): All damage reduction +3%:
- Lower Hintertomb Root Chalice Dungeon.
- Great Lake (2): All damage reduction +4%:
- Upper Cathedral Ward: Just to right after the Lamp of the area.
- Great Lake (3): All damage reduction +5%:
- Isz Root Chalice Dungeon.
- This is indeed a very useful and quite versatile Lake type rune, perhaps as useful as the original Lake rune itself. The fact that it can block all damage sources makes it very tempting, especially since there are no runes in the game that can decrease Bloodtinge damage taken.
- Great Lake is one of the five "Lake" type runes. They all have almost the same description and the exact same symbol. The other four are "Lake", "Arcane Lake", "Fading Lake", and "Dissipating Lake".
- The symbol of the "Lake" type runes depicts a horizontal line with multiple vertical lines going below it, with three lines that appear to have the almost the same size above as they do below. This appears to imply "reflection", but one that is selective. Perhaps the other lines cannot be seen normally. This makes sense as the concept of lake as a reflection that hides things yet shows other is present in Byrgenwerth upon entering Rom's arena. There are things lying deeper than meets the eye.
- Just the like the Great Deep Sea rune, the Great Lake rune increases all the resistances that are affected by all other lake runes.