One of the "Lake" runes. Increases bolt defense.
- Dissipating Lake (1): Bolt DMG reduction +5%:
- Dissipating Lake (2): Bolt DMG reduction +7%:
- Ailing Loran Root Chalice Dungeon.
- Dissipating Lake (3): Bolt DMG reduction +10%:
- Lower Ailing Loran Root Chalice Dungeon.
- The least useful of the Lake runes, as this one reduces Bolt damage taken. Bolt damage is likely the rarest source of damage within Bloodborne, being dealt only by perhaps two or three enemies, and three bosses, Darkbeast Paarl and the Loran Darkbeast, as well as the Abhorrent Beast.
- However, the fact that Loran Darkbeast and Abhorrent Beast can be quite the challenge in the Chalice Dungeon gives the Dissipating Lake rune enough appeal to equip them. Sadly, however, they can only be acquired through exploration of Ailing Loran, the place where these dangerous beasts reside.
- Dissipating Lake is one of the five "Lake" type runes. They all have almost the same description and the exact same symbol. The other four are "Lake", "Arcane Lake", "Fading Lake", and "Great Lake".
- The symbol of the "Lake" type runes depicts a horizontal line with multiple vertical lines going below it, with three lines that appear to have the almost the same size above as they do below. This appears to imply "reflection", but one that is selective. Perhaps the other lines cannot be seen normally. This makes sense as the concept of lake as a reflection that hides things yet shows other is present in Byrgenwerth upon entering Rom's arena. There are things lying deeper than meets the eye.