|In the Hunter's Nightmare, inside the dark building's lower floor, that is near the river of blood.|
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Right Hand Weapons|
|Transform||Great Hammer, Explosive Fire buff|
|Imprints||Normal (Radial, Radial, Waning)|
- Hunter's Nightmare:
- The Uncanny and Lost version can be sold in a Chalice Dungeon Bath Messenger.
The Boom Hammer is a weapon that is quite similar in function and strategy as the Tonitrus. As such, it is very straightforward.
All of its attacks deal Blunt damage, with a small, yet noticeable amount of Fire damage. However, the weapon lacks a transformed state. Instead, the player cocks the firing hammer on the Boom Hammer, and it activates the miniature furnace within.
This fire buff is permanent, not temporary. From this point, the following attack will deal massive fire damage, but only for one hit. This attack also deals a small swathe or blast of fire, that can hit enemies with its range, potentially hitting or killing multiple opponents. Its charge attack is extremely deadly when the buff is active.
This makes the weapon extremely powerful with high chances of managing one-hit kills on even enemies with high health. And the fire damage is sure to obliterate any Beast-type enemy.
- The transformed version's fire buff only lasts for one hit. It must be re-transformed to re-apply the buff.
- It is very similar, in its use and strategy, to the Tonitrus. However, while the Tonitrus focuses on consistent high damage, the Boom Hammer's focus is on extremely devastating single hits, more akin to the strategy applied with the Stake Driver.
- Its transformation attack is extremely useful and quick, more over it has little frames of warning which makes them harder to predict when fighting online.
- It is the weapon of choice of the most aggressive variant of Old Hunters.
- The hammer itself has protrusions like the ones used to "tenderize" meat. This truly shows the brutality of the weapon and reflects the insanity that would inevitably drive the hunters.
- The location where this weapon is found is highly reminiscent of a similar building in Central Yharnam.
- This weapon could be a possible reference to the manga Gunnm, which features a character named Daisuke Ido who is a "hunter-warrior" and wields a giant rocket-powered hammer . He also wears a hat very similar to Father Gascoigne's.